Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can officially change gears from fall to winter. The upcoming weeks are some of the busiest of the year for our family but also some of the most enjoyable. I have lots of festive ideas planned that I thought it would be easier to keep things straight if I made a Winter Bucket List. Let’s get started!
1. Make a snowman.
2. Make a snow angel.
3. Go sledding.
4. Go to a show or play.
5. Cut down our Christmas tree.
6. Get festive while decorating our Christmas tree – Christmas music, hot cocoa, fireplace on, etc.
7. Make holiday cookies or dessert.
8. Donate to a charity or family in need.
9. Listen to Christmas music as much as possible.
10. Watch Christmas movies as a family.
11. Listen to caroling or try our own version of caroling.
12. Watch a Christmas pageant at a school or church.
13. Read Christmas stories to Ollie.
14. Drink hot cocoa by the fire.
15. Visit Santa.
16. Drive around looking at Christmas lights.
17. See a real reindeer.
18. Find a special 2013 ornament for our tree.
19. Write a letter to Santa.
20. Attend Wild Light at the Detroit Zoo.
21. Go skating or play pond hockey.
22. Have a “snow day” at home with Ollie.
23. Make a winter craft project with Ollie.
24. Attend a Red Wings or other hockey game.